[IDV #TYB-719779]: Support request

Hi Mohit-

This is Don.

> Thanks for your reply. I have another question regarding wind vector flow
> estimation using IDV. I have calculated wind speed and flow vector using U,
> V and W component of wind. I am wondering if the flow vector could be use
> for getting the wind azimuth angle from 0 to 360 degree.
>
> Looking forward to hear from you.
>
> Thanks and regards,

You can calculate the direction using the dirn or dirv Jython
methods in the griddiag.py.  dirn will return the true north
direction, dirv will return the grid relative direction (if
you have a grid relative vector).  You would call this with

dirn(vector)

where vector is the flow vector grid.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: TYB-719779