[IDV #LTZ-866647]: default modes for IDV probes

> > The hold the middle down probe, when it probes the Probe control, will use
> > the sampling mode from
> > the parameter in the probe control. For other displays (e.g., plan views)
> > it was using nearest neighbor.
> > I have fixed this so it uses the user's preference.
>
> It appeared to use weighted average.  I displayed an IR image, and
> zoomed way in.  The "display control" probe, when
> set to Nearest Neighbor, would show integral values that did not
> change across the domain of one of the "pixel boxes".
> However, the "middle button down probe" shows a decimal value that
> does change as the probe is moved around
> inside a box.
>
> Does that make sense?
Yes, the "display control" probe uses whatever you set in the jtable of the
probe control for the
params. The middle button probe on the image plan view should use the user
preference.

> There is another "interesting" feature:  when you use the "middle
> button probe", and you do have a "probe control" display,
> the readout shows the values for the "probe control" where it is NOT
> located, but instead where the "middle button probe" is
> located.  I understand this, but it appears "odd" to the User (at
> least to the User who brought it to my attention ;-)

That is a feature. The idea with the middle mouse probe is it samples at the
given
time and location all of the data fields from displays in that view. The
thinking then
is you have an apples to apples comparison as opposed to using other locations
from the
ProbeControl.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: LTZ-866647