[IDV #YPH-121185]: Movie animation capture with large datasets

> I have another user question that deals with a problem during the
> animation capture.  The user is displaying an animation which has a
> satellite image overlaid with point lightning strike data.
>
> He uses the View->Capture->Movie Capture option, and selects the "Time
> Animation" option.  After the animation is done, he is left with frames
> that are duplicated, and some that are skipped because the capture is
> taken before the data for the next time is fully loaded (image2.jpg is
> the same as image1.jpg, and the time for image2.jpg is not captured at
> all).  The user's end goal is to obtain the individual images of the
> animation instead of an animated gif or other movie format.  He is
> currently using an animation with 60 times, so using the "One Image"
> option is an undesirable (and time consuming) alternative.
>
> Is there a way to solve this issue he is having?  If not, would it be
> possible to add a feature to this Time Animation capture to ensure the
> data is loaded for each time before capturing the image?

If they are indeed using the "Time Animation" capture (as opposed to the
"Automatically" capture)
it should just capture every time step in turn. Perhaps its a timing issue.
Have them try
running the idv setting a property which is the time we wait between the time
step and the image capture:

idv -Didv.capture.sleep=2000

This sleeps for 2000 milliseconds before the image is captured.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: YPH-121185
Department: Support IDV