[IDV #NSK-688890]: Potential IDV Performance In 64-Bit Mode

Hi Jacob-

> I have a question regarding the potential IDV performance in total 64-Bit
> mode.  I currently have a 64-Bit processor on my computers motherboard.  I
> also currently have 2 gigabytes of RAM (Hyper-X version of the Kingston
> memory set) for my computer and I am currently in the process of upgrading my
> video card to a PNY GeForce 7600GS 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP.  If I install the
> latest Fedora Core 64-Bit operating system and download your new 64-Bit
> version of the IDV, how well will the IDV perform given this total 64-Bit
> environment, the given video card, and 2 gigabytes of RAM?

I don't know that you will see a performance difference over the 32-bit
version.  However,
if you had more than 2Gb of memory, you could then allocate more.  If you were
running
into problems with memory allocation in 32 bit mode, you might be able to
allocate more
in 64bit mode.

Don

Ticket ID: NSK-688890