[IDV #YBN-898329]: Need Help With Giving IDV More Memory In Windows

Hi Jacob-

> Hey; I tried what you said, but when I edit the runIDV.bat file and change
> the memory, I get no displays in the display window upon opening the IDV.
> There is no basemap and when I tried to open some data the data did not show
> up in the display window.  I changed the memory back to default 512m and the
> IDV displayed the basemap correctly.  Upon changing the memory in the
> runIDV.bat file to a perfered memory capacity, after I open the IDV, this is
> the message I see in the ms-dos prompt window:
> [Java3D] Warning: Fail to lock Vertex Buffer - D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR
>
> Thanks for your help with this.

Sometimes there is some interaction between the vidieo card memory and
the system memory.  Try using 1 Gb (-Xmx1024m) and see if you can start
it then.  If  that works, you can keep inching up by 100 until you
reach the limit.

Also, what kind of graphics card is this?  Do you have the latest driver
installed?  The error message indicates that it is using Direct-X instead
of OpenGL which means that your graphics card does not support OpenGL
or that the version it uses is not up to the latest needed by Java 3D
(in which case it defaults to using DirectX).

Don Murray

Ticket ID: YBN-898329
Department: Support IDV