[IDV #EEA-756106]: IDV - Error when trying to load sea surface temperatures...

Hi Jacob-

> Institution: Home
> Package Version: 1.3b2
> Operating System: os.name:Linux; os.arch:i386; os.version:2.6.14-1.1653_FC4;
> Hardware Information: java.vendor:Sun Microsystems Inc.;
> java.version:1.4.2_01; java.home:/root/IDV_1.3B2/jre;
> j3d.version:1.3.1-beta1; j3d.vendor:Blackdown Java-Linux & Sun Microsystems,
> Inc.; j3d.renderer:OpenGL;
> Inquiry: I get the following error message when trying to load the sea
> surface temperatures
> from the following location:  Satellite - CMISS
>
> An error has occurred:
> java.lang.NullPointerException

This was the second error message.  The first should have said
something about the requested units not being supported.
The problem is that the generation of this image dataset changed
a while back and the default Data Type (SSTR) is no longer supported.
Until we make a new release or they change the server, you can view
these images by setting the Data Type in the chooser to be Brightness.

It does highlight another error which is where the second message came
from (NullPointerException) which I think I have a fix for.

Don Murray
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.updateLegendLabel(DisplayControlImpl.java:2940)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.ImageSequenceControl.loadDataInner(ImageSequenceControl.java:595)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.ImageSequenceControl.loadData(ImageSequenceControl.java:369)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.ImageSequenceControl.loadData(ImageSequenceControl.java:358)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.ImageSequenceControl.access$000(ImageSequenceControl.java:98)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.ImageSequenceControl$1.run(ImageSequenceControl.java:218)

Ticket ID: EEA-756106
Department: Support IDV