[LDM #FLC-412827]: Request for upstream feed suggestions for ldm servers at TAMU ATMO

Gyorgyi,

Welcome to the IDD system.

I'm going to move your inquiry to our "support-idd" department because it's not
really about the LDM. Someone should respond shortly.

Sorry to hear that the top-level TAMU IDD servers are in jeopardy. May I ask
what the issue is?

We recommend that an LDM make the same request to 2 upstream LDMs. The LDM is
designed to use one of the connections as the primary feed and the other as a
low-bandwidth hot-spare backup to which it will automatically switch if and
when the primary connection degrades. Making the same request of 3 upstream
LDMs, however, is not recommended for (stupid but unavoidable) technical
reasons.

> I am from Texas A&m Atmospheric Sciences Department replacing Neil Smith
> in charge of our ldm servers.
>
> Our ldm servers are currently feeding from ldm.tamu.edu, and idd.tamu.edu.
> These two main tier servers' future is under discussion.  Would you,
> please, provide me at least 3
> upstream feeds, a primary and two fail-overs I can use to get ready in case
> the tamu servers won't be available.
>
> Our hostnames are: coriolis.met.tamu.edu, ldm.met.tamu.edu,
> cori.met.tamu.edu.
>
> Thank you for your help,

> P.S. : Could you, please, add to the list bids.met.tamu.edu. Thank you.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: FLC-412827
Department: Support IDD