[IDD #KVV-573035]: Checkup of the idd-cc main node

Hi Marcial,

re: unable to REQUEST from idd.unidata.ucar.edu

> Just out of curiosity I checked the iptables rules (this server is in
> another institution and I did not installed it).

That was the next thing I was going to suggest.

re:
> After specifically allowing the outbound and inbound traffic from
> idd.unidata.ucar.edu the data started flowing.
>
> [root@iddcc ~]# iptables -I OUTPUT -p tcp -d idd.unidata.ucar.edu -j ACCEPT
> [root@iddcc ~]# iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -s idd.unidata.ucar.edu -j ACCEPT

Since we were not seeing connection (REQUEST) attempts from the machine,
the problem was most likely in the blocking of outbound connections to
port 388 on remote machines.  The inbound rule you added to iptables will
allow idd.unidata.ucar.edu to contact your machine, but it should not
have had any effect on your machine contacting idd.unidata.ucar.edu.

re:
> I am going to leave it running and check performance later on.

Excellent!

Question:

- is idd-cc.cenat.ac.cr reporting real-time stats back to us
  (the EXEC line for 'rtstats' in ldmd.conf)?

  If yes, what is the hostname it is reporting stats under?

I ask since I do not see real time stats being reported under
the name idd-cc.cenat.ac.cr.  I do see real time stats being
reported under the name idd-cc.cigefi.ucr.ac.cr, but the
latencies being reported for CONDUIT:

http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?CONDUIT+idd-cc.cigefi.ucr.ac.cr

do not look like they come from a machine that has a Gbps network
connection.

  NB: the name returned in rtstats reports is defined in the
<hostname></hostname>
  setting in the LDM registry, ~ldm/etc/registry.xml.

If the new machine is not reporting real time stats, please configure it to do
so if you can.  This will help both of us to troubleshoot/monitor data flows
to the machine.

re:
> Thanks!

No worries.