[IDD #DLB-942503]: 20170320: pavan.srcc.lsu.edu being replaces as LSU relay

Hi Yixin,

re:
> Thank you so much for your help.

No worries.

re:
> I will close the firewall port for ldm if it is OK with you.

I assume you mean you want to close the firewall port for SSH, not
for LDM (which is port 388).  I am OK with this, but first I want to
let you know what I did today on taku:

- since the /usr/local file system does not have a lot of space:

/dev/sda7              20G  8.8G  9.5G  49% /usr/local

  I decided to move the LDM queue from ~ldm/var/queues to /data/ldm
  since there is a LOT more room on /data:

/dev/mapper/vg_data-lv_data
                      458G  309G  127G  71% /data

  I also moved the LDM-generated log files from ~ldm/var/logs to
  /data/ldm/logs.

  I also created symbolic links in ~ldm to point at /data/ldm
  and /data/ldm/logs

- to make the LDM configuration file a bit easier to read, I organized
  all of the ALLOW and ACCEPT entries into their own section

  The order that any of the things specified in an LDM configuration
  file don't matter (e.g., EXEC, REQUEST, ALLOW, ACCEPT), but it
  is easier to find things if they are grouped in the file.

  While at it, I also deleted some old ACCEPT and ALLOW entries
  since the Unidata machine(s) referenced no longer exist.

At this point, I think the LDM is reasonably well setup on taku.  If
at some point in the future you decided to bring in non-NOAAPort
derived datastreams (e.g., CONDUIT, FNMOC, etc.), I would suggest
increasing the size of the LDM queue from its current value of 16 GB.

One increases the size of the LDM queue by:

- changing the queue size setting in the LDM registry, ~ldm/etc/registry.xml

- stopping the LDM, deleting the existing queue, making a new queue and then
  starting the LDM:

  <as 'ldm'>
  ldmadmin stop
  -- edit registry.xml
  ldmadmin delqueue
  ldmadmin mkqueue
  ldmadmin start

That's about it.  Please let us know if you have any questions.

re:
> Thanks.

No worries.

Ticket ID: DLB-942503