[IDD #DLB-942503]: 20170320: pavan.srcc.lsu.edu being replaces as LSU relay

Hi Yixin,

re:
> Thank you for your prompt reply.

No worries.

re:
> At taku, I created a new user 'ldm' at /usr/local/ldm.

Very good.

re:
> I downloaded ldm-6.9.8.tar.gz to /usr/local/ldm.

I strongly recommend that you setup the new machine with a current
version of the LDM, not an old one.  The current LDM release is v6.13.6.

re:
> 'configure, make, make install'.
> Copy etc files from pavan to taku.  chown -R ldm:ldm /usr/local/ldm. chown
> root:ldm ldmd, chown root:ldm  hupsyslog, chown u+x hupsyslog.

OK, the other than copying the ~ldm/etc configuration files from pavan, the
procedure for a current version of the LDM will be a little different.

re:
> Then,
> ldmadmin start
> regutil ERROR: Permission denied
> regutil ERROR: Couldn't open file "/root/etc/registry.xml" for reading
> [backend.c:156]
> regutil ERROR: Couldn't synchronize node "/" [registry.c:404]
> regutil ERROR: Couldn't get value of key "/server/config-path"
> [registry.c:717]
> Couldn't get "/server/config-path" at /usr/local/ldm/bin/ldmadmin line 101.
>
> Any advice?

The version of the LDM that you said above that you downloaded,
ldm-6.9.8.tar.gz,
did not use the ~ldm/etc/registry.xml file.  This strongly suggests that
you built a newer version of the LDM, not v6.9.8.

Is there anyway I could login to taku and take a look?

Ticket ID: DLB-942503
Department: Support IDD