[IDD #MEH-284852]: LDM access

> IDD support,

Hi Dan,

> At the NWS office in Tucson, we are developing new probabilistic guidance
> for our forecasters using the SREF and GEFS datasets (will be expanding to
> the NAEFS in the future). This involves downloading the individual members
> of each ensemble, bias correcting them against a locally derived analysis
> of record, and calculating probabilities of exceeding certain thresholds.
> We've found much success in this project to date, but one of the recurring
> problems is delays at NCEP which cause problems with our ftp scripts via
> cron.

Yes, awaiting ftp via NCEP can be slow..

> We are co-located with the University of Arizona and use their connection
> to download these data. To get around our occasional FTP problems, I was
> wondering if we could be granted upstream access for our LDM on the
> University of Arizona network. ?I checked with the UofA Atmospheric
> sciences department and it does not appear they are pulling the data via
> LDM, otherwise I'd simply configure ldmd.conf to obtain the data from them.
> ?

Either way is AOK by us :)

> In looking through the various feedtypes available, I'm guessing we'd be
> interested in the NMC2 feed. These are the locations of the files we're
> downloading at present:

NMC2 will have NCEP model output, but the GEFS and SREF and HRRR are being
delivered
over the CONDUIT feed (hi-res, hi-volume, model output from NCEP)

The RTMA is coming over on the NGRID feed, and I do not think we are getting
the NAEFS.

> NAEFS
> ftp://ftp.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/data/nccf/com/gens/prod/naefs
>
> SREF
> http://www.ftp.ncep.noaa.gov/data/nccf/com/sref
>
> GEFS part a and b files
> http://www.ftp.ncep.noaa.gov/data/nccf/com/gens/prod/gefs
>
> RTMA QPE
> http://www.ftp.ncep.noaa.gov/data/nccf/com/rtma/prod/rtma2p5
>
> HRRR
> http://www.ftp.ncep.noaa.gov/data/nccf/com/hrrr/
>
> ?Any info would be appreciated.

Please let us know if you need any additional help with actions or request
lines for the LDM.

If you are using a U of A machine you already have an LDM "ALLOW" for CONDUIT
and NGRID feedtypes, otherwise
we will need an IP and fully qualified hostname for the LDM machine you wish to
ingest to.

Please let us know how/if we can help further

> Thanks!
> Dan Leins
>
> --
> Dan Leins