[IDD #NVH-684904]: another LDM machine and HRRR products

Hi Sen,

re:
> How do I register another machine for LDM?

As soon as you provide us with the fully qualified hostname and IP address
for your new/additional machine, we can insure that it can REQUEST the
data that you want to receive.  NB: the first thing we will check to
see if there is both forward and reverse DNS for this machine.  The
checks I am talking about are:

nslookup fully_qualified_machine_name
nslookup ip_address

'nslookup' (or 'dig') will show consistent results for machines that have
both forward and reverse DNS; this is what we want to see.

re:
> Also, is there a list of  HRRR products available via LDM?

We do not have such a list since we do not creatte either of the HRRR feeds
(IDD FSL2 feed for the HRRR products from NOAA/GSD and IDD NGRID feed for the
HRRR products that are distributed in the NOAAPort Satellite Broadcast Network
(SBN)), so we have no control over which products get sent.  That being said,
the best thing to do is generate a list of the products in each datastream
using the LDM utility 'notifyme'.

re:
> I want to get those HRRR experimental products (i.e., more hours output).
> just to follow up about HRRR products, I am interested in the HRRR 36hr
> experimental products.

I do not know if these are included in either of the datastreams I referred
to above.  Again, the best way to determine if the feeds have the products
you want/need is to create an inventory of the products being sent in
each of the datastreams using 'notifyme'.

Examples:

<as 'ldm' on a machine that already is ALLOWed to REQUEST data>

cd ~ldm

notifyme -vl var/logs/NGRID_HRRR.log -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu -p HRRR

notifyme -vl var/logs/FSL2_HRRR.log -h hrrr.unidata.ucar.edu -p HRRR

In order to create a (more or less) complete log of products, I would
let each of these 'notifyme' invocations run for a full day.

Ticket ID: NVH-684904
Department: Support IDD