> 168M    FILE:2016-07-30_03
> 168M    FILE:2016-07-30_06
> 168M    FILE:2016-07-30_09
> 132M    FILE:2016-07-30_12
> 168M    FILE:2016-07-30_15
> 168M    FILE:2016-07-30_18
> 168M    FILE:2016-07-30_21
> 163M    FILE:2016-07-31_00
>
> As you know from previous emails, files should be 168M and they are
> randomly less size than expected.

I wouldn't say that the problem is random.

re:
> I checked permissions on /usr/local/ldm/var/logs to see if it wasn't ldm's
> property and it is, and I was able to write in it, so looks like there's no
> problem with that, is that right?
>
> We tried to reboot the machine to see if it somehow solved the issue, no
> luck.
>
> Also, LDM apparently restarts correctly:
>
> eady:~/var/logs> ldmadmin restart
> Stopping the LDM server...
> Waiting for the LDM server to terminate...
> Waiting for the LDM server to terminate...
> The product-queue is OK.
> Checking pqact(1) configuration-file(s)...
> /usr/local/ldm/etc/pqact.conf: syntactically correct
> Checking LDM configuration-file (/usr/local/ldm/etc/ldmd.conf)...
> Starting the LDM server...

OK.

Questions:

- what is the size of your LDM queue?

- which version of the LDM are you running?

  Both of these questions are most easily determined by:

<as 'ldm'>
ldmadmin config

The reason I'm asking about the LDM queue size and LDM version
is both things may have relevance on you not processing products
out of the LDM queue before they get replaced by new products being
received.  The current release of the LDM, LDM-6.13.3, does not use
the system logging daemon by default so setting up LDM logging
is a LOT easier than it was in earlier releases, in particular one
does not need to worry about the SELINUX setup on the machine.
LDM-6.13.3  also sped up processing of products out of one's LDM
queue before they got replaced by new products

re:
> What else can I check why the logging isn't working?

Depending on what version of the LDM you are running is, the solution
may be upgrading to the new LDM and possibly making your LDM queue
larger.  If it turns out that the problem is related to high feed
latencies, there will not be much more that you can do other than
making sure that your CONDUIT REQUEST(s) are appropriately split
into enough mutually-exclusive subsets.

Ticket ID: YYF-400085
Department: Support IDD