[LDM #YBA-192887]: [LDM] dm not logging to ldmd.log and not receiving data

Hi Nitza,

re:
> I have just installed  ldm and gempak but I am facing problems to
> receive data from ldm. I`ve already configured all the  files  but I
> am  receiving only images and not receiving data from syn, surface, etc.
> although all of them are requested  in the configurations files.

Are you sure you are not receiving the observational data in the IDS|DDPLUS
datastream?  It is likely that you are receiving the data and it is not
being processed.

re:
> Beside that,  ldm is not logging ldmd.log so I can`t  check the error.

OK.  The first thing to do is get LDM logging working.

re:
> I print the messages related to the configuration to ldmd.log
>
> [*ldm@localhost ~]$ /usr/sbin/getenforce*
> Enforcing

This is the likely cause of your LDM logging not working.  Our recommendation
is that SELINUX either be disabled, or setup to be permissive.  The mode
that SELINUX will be in is set in /etc/selinux/config.  We advise that your
setup look like:

# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#     enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#     permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#     disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded.
SELINUX=disabled
# SELINUXTYPE= can take one of these two values:
#     targeted - Targeted processes are protected,
#     mls - Multi Level Security protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

NB: after changing the setup in /etc/selinux/config, you will need to
reboot for the change to take effect.  'root' can change SELINUX to
permissive mode by executing 'setenforce 0' from the command line,
but a reboot is needed to set it to 'disabled' after setting SELINUX
to 'disabled' in /etc/selinux/config.

re:
> [*ldm@localhost ~]$ grep LOG_LDM src/config.h -- executed*
> grep: src/config.h: not found
> grep: executed: not found
>
> As I read some emails related to ldmd.log error I tried the command
> above but in fact I don`t know how to use them to solve this issue. The
> configuration file are attached.

The logging problem is likely due to the current setting of SELINUX.

re:
> I really appreciate any help.

The next thing is to  tackle the problem of processing the data you might
already
be receiving.  We can address that after you have LDM logging working.

Ticket ID: YBA-192887
Department: Support IDD