[IDD #KUD-512290]: Backup NOAAPort source ?

Hi Rosie,

re: deleting old, extraneous mail messages
> Yes please delete the mail messages.

Thanks!  I have deleted all of the mail messages for 'ldm' on both np1 and np2.
While at it, I also modified the scripts that were generating the mail
messages (e.g., ~ldm/new_nplog_rotate.bash on np2, etc.) so that they would
not generate the mail messages (which were being created by 'echo's of some
value of little/no meaning.

I have also finished setting up Novra S300N monitoring and, I think, Gap
stat counting on both machines.  Since the Gap stat counting only happens
every hour, I will check back later to make sure everything is working
as desired.

re:
> I also see this message on the NCEP site now but not when they switched
> the backup site:
>
> NOUS72 KNCF 041534
> ADMNCF
> .
> THE NCF SUCCESSFULLY MOVED THE SBN UPLINK TO THE PRIMARY
> MASTER GROUND STATION IN HAUPHAUGE, NY.

I figured as much.  When the uplink is switched, the sequence number for
the UDP packets are completely changed, so the counting of number of
missed frames will always be incorrect.  Oh well...

re:
> Thanks!

No worries.

By the way, I would like to be able to setup a mechanism where the Gap
stats could be collected and then analyzed/depicted.  I am not sure
how best to do this since SCPs back to Unidata require authentication
using a cryptocard, and there is no direct SSH to your NOAAPort ingest
machines.  I think that I could setup cron jobs in my 'tyoksas' account
on ash that would grab the Gap stats and then be able to access them
from my Unidata workstation.  The easiest way for this to work without
having to enter login information each time an analysis is initiated
from my Unidata workstation would be for me to put my public SSH key
in an 'authorized_keys' file in ~tyoksas/.ssh/authorized_keys.  Do
you (SSEC that is) have any problem with me doing this?

Ticket ID: KUD-512290
Department: Support NOAAPORT