[IDD #KUD-512290]: Backup NOAAPort source ?

Hi Rosie, Dave, Jerry, et. al,

Rosie comment:
> Sure, if you would like to install your stats script that would be great!

OK.  I will make the installations sometime today.

re:
> We will note the amp info.

How long is your signal run?  If the run is short enough, there should be
no reason to install a line amp.  The run here at UCAR is somewhere around
or greater than 100'.

The following is for Dave:

Dave commented:

"When I rotated it back to the right place, the signal came up significantly.
It hits the limit right there so I could reset the limits tomorrow if it
looks like that would be wise."

I think that it would be a _very_ good idea to further investigate/tweak
the polarization alignment.  The reason I say this is three fold:

- currently the indicated C/Ns on each of your Novra S300Ns are hovering
  around 14 dB

  At some point in the past (over a year ago), I was told that your C/N
  was in the high 16s.

- the target for C/N in NWS WFO NOAAPort installations is 17 dB

- the UCAR dish is _much_ smaller than the SSEC dish, 3.8 m vs 6.3 m

  It seems to me that your C/N should be much better than ours, and we
  have been enjoying C/Ns >16 dB for a number of months.  During this
  time our ingest quality has been very good.

re:
> Thanks again,

No worries.  We are very happy that your NOAAPort ingest is back as
it is one of three installations that is providing NOAAPort SBN products
in the IDD, UCAR, LSU/SRCC, UW/SSEC.

Ticket ID: KUD-512290
Department: Support NOAAPORT