[LDM #CPH-753570]: RADAR data error

Hi Russ,

I moved your inquiry from our LDM support department to our IDD support
department...

re:
> We are not receiving RADAR data and I see this in /var/log/messages.  Is
> this a problem on your end or ours?
>
> Apr 27 16:08:30 geoprod4-cip idd.unidata.ucar.edu[30434] NOTE: LDM-6
> desired product-class: 20160427150830.262 TS_ENDT {{FNEXRAD,
> "^rad/NEXRCOMP/1km/n0r_"}}
> Apr 27 16:08:31 geoprod4-cip idd.unidata.ucar.edu[30434] NOTE: Upstream LDM
> didn't reply to FEEDME request; RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection
> reset by peer

The FNEXRAD data is flowing into and out of our top level IDD relay,
idd.unidata.ucar.edu.
I verified this by running the LDM utility 'notifyme':

<as ldm>
notifyme -vl- -f FNEXRAD -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu

There are a couple of reasons why your feed REQUEST might not be being serviced:

- there is a network connection issue

  This kind of condition will likely clear itself over time.

- somehow your feed REQUEST has become stale (ill defined term at best) on the
  real-server backend that our cluster director has assigned your FNEXRAD
  feed REQUEST to

  If this is the case, and I have not checked to see if it is, then a
  "fix" would be either for you to stop your feed REQUEST for at least a
  minute (two is better) and then reconnect, or for us to restart the LDM on
  the node where the connection became stale (again, a hypothesis).  Since
  each of our cluster's real-server backends is servicing up to 200 downstream
  connections at any time, we would prefer to _not_ restart its LDM.

  The other thing you can do is replicate your feed REQUEST and change the
  upstream entry for the new entry to point at our backup IDD relay cluster,
  iddb.unidata.ucar.edu.

Ticket ID: CPH-753570
Department: Support IDD