[IDD #OWF-669902]: NOAA/SRH machine FNMOC REQUEST from uni19.unidata.ucar.edu

Hi Doug,

re:
> srh-nat-general.srh.noaa.gov is a NATed address so the request could be
> coming from any one of 34 southern region offices.

Oh... (sinking feeling here)

re:
> I'll see what I can do to track down this request.

Thanks, we really appreciate this.

Just so you know, our primary concern about the feed REQUEST to one
of the real-server backends of our relay cluster was/is that the site
will miss data when the machine is taken down for needed maintenance.
Feed REQUESTs that are directed at the cluster director will be
moved from a machine taken out of the cluster to an active machine
automatically, so no data should be lost.

re:
> I checked all my LDM servers at southern
> region headquarters and we are not make any requests to
> uni19.unidata.ucar.edu.

Very good.  Thanks for checking!

re:
> For any LDM issues at southern region headquarters or southern region
> field offices the point of contact is me and Paul Kirkwood.

I have CCed Paul on this reply in hopes that he might know who
is in charge of the machine that is making the REQUEST to uni19.unidata.ucar.edu
instead of the cluster director, idd.unidata.ucar.edu.

Thanks for your help out with this!

Ticket ID: OWF-669902
Department: Support IDD