[IDD #KUL-673349]: Server Name Change

Hi Shawn,

re:
> We have changed our server name from 'modeling2.acd.ucar.edu' to
> 'modeling2.acom.ucar.edu'.  If I remember correctly, you need this
> information (and it might be why a couple of my feeds are no longer
> working after the server name change, even after emailing the hosts of
> those data to get things updated on their end).

IDD feed REQUEST(s) made to the top level IDD relays that we (Unidata
Program Center) maintain (idd.unidata.ucar.edu and iddb.unidata.ucar.edu)
should work by virtue of the being both forward and reverse DNS for your
machine:

% nslookup modeling2.acom.ucar.edu
Server:         208.67.222.222
Address:        208.67.222.222#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   modeling2.acom.ucar.edu
Address: 128.117.136.2

% nslookup 128.117.136.2
Server:         208.67.222.222
Address:        208.67.222.222#53

Non-authoritative answer:
2.136.117.128.in-addr.arpa      name = modeling2.acom.ucar.edu.

However, ff you are REQUESTing one or more feeds from a different
upstream (e.g., NOAA, etc.), then you will need to contact them
regarding the renaming of your machine as their ldmd.conf ALLOW
may be specific to the old name of your machine.

Question:

- what are the REQUEST line(s) in your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file?

Ticket ID: KUL-673349
Department: Support IDD