[IDD #MIY-175774]: "WARN" Log Message in Concatenate NEXRAD2 Script

Hi Ziv,

re:
> Changed one thing in my pqact.radars script after reviewing
> your pqact.radars.mod, and it's working now !!!

Excellent!

Question:

- has writing to a RAM disk made the WARN go away?

re:
> Any suggestions on how to move the concatenated scans after they are
> processed? I was thinking of writing a simple bash script to run using EXEC
> or using inotify-tools separately from ldm to move the files once they
> appear.

There are likely to be a variety of ways to address this.  The simplest
conceptually way would be to move the reconstituted file immediately after
the reconstitution.  This would be done by modifying the Perl script to
do the move.  The other way would be to write a simple script that walks
the directory hierarchy being used and moves files that are found.  The
attraction of this approach is that it could be run by cron on a longer
time interval like once per hour.  Since we do not need to do this kind
of staging, we don't have something ready made that we can give you, sorry.

re:
> Thanks Tom,

No worries.

After you are have finished crossing the Ts and dotting the Is on your
NEXRAD2 processing, we should discuss how to get and process the
MRMS data.  I say this because I was reminded by others in Unidata
that some MRMS data is distributed as GRIB2 messages in the NOAAPort
Satellite Broadcast Network (SBN), and we are distributing it in
the IDD in the NGRID feed.

Ticket ID: MIY-175774
Department: Support IDD