[IDD #DYH-172672]: LDMs running at COLA

Hi Jennifer,

re:
> Here at COLA we are currently running the LDM on two different servers:
> wx.gmu.edu and cola.gmu.edu. The hardware for wx.gmu.edu is getting
> old and we are working on migrating stuff off that system before it
> crashes for the last time.

Good move!
re:
> We have no need for 3 LDMs in the long term,
> but in the short term, while we are getting things set up, it would be
> convenient if we could start up an LDM on the new server colaweb.gmu.edu
> before shutting down on wx.gmu.edu. I can't imagine the overlap would be
> more than a week or so. But the rest of the stuff on wx.gmu.edu may linger
> even after we turn off the LDM, so we can't just swap the hostnames.

OK.

re:
> If this makes sense and is acceptable, could you enable this
> new server for us?
>
> colaweb.gmu.edu has address 199.26.254.200

Both forward and reverse DNS exist for your new machine, very good!

re:
> Our primary and secondary hosts are:
>
> idd.meteo.psu.edu
> idd.unidata.ucar.gov

You should be able to REQUEST the same feeds on 'colaweb' that you are
REQUESTing on your other machines.  To verify this you can use the LDM
'notifyme' utility:

<as 'ldm' on colaweb.gmu.edu>

notifyme -vl- -f ANY -h idd.meteo.psu.edu

notifyme -vl- -f ANY -h idd.unidata.ucar.gov

If you see an OK line from each 'notifyme' invocation, it means that
you (colaweb) are ALLOWed to REQUEST data.  If you do not seen an OK
line, it will mean that the ALLOWs need some work (but I think you will
see the OK lines).

re:
> Thanks!

No worries.