[IDD #WNG-587616]: AMPS ldm feed

Hi Carol,

re:
> I restarted the ldm on aws.ssec.wisc.edu twice yesterday just in case.

OK, but...

> I'm going to look into fixing the logging issue today,

This is of the utmost importance for troubleshooting problems
related to the LDM.

re:
> and I'm talking
> with our Technical Computing people to make sure that your machine is
> getting access through our firewall.

I am confident that we (antidd.ucar.edu) are being allowed through the
firewall.  I say this because a firewall block would not result in
an 'Access denied by remote server' condition.  This condition indicates
that the LDM on aws.ssec.wisc.edu is being contacted, but there is not
an appropriate ALLOW for the REQUEST being made.

It is possible that LDM log messages are currently being written to
a system log file.  Since you have 'root' access, you can review
/var/log/messages to see if there are, in fact, LDM log messages
there.  If there are, look for messages related to denying a connection
from a downstream and let me know what they say.

Ticket ID: WNG-587616
Department: Support IDD