[IDD #UUD-330404]: Fwd: Local Data Manager Question

Hi Mary,

re:
> Well, twice in a month!
> I think my response to Justin is NO but thought I'd run this by you too.

Actually, providing Justin with non-restricted LDM/IDD feeds is up to you.
Also, I think that Justin is looking for redundant upstream feed site(s)
to make his LDM/IDD data reception more robust.

We know Justin pretty well and interact with him relative frequently regarding
a number of the software packages he is using (e.g., GEMPAK, McIDAS-X,
AWIPS-II).

By the way, the restricted LDM/IDD feed types are:

LIGHTNING (aka NLDN)
PCWS
WSI

A ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf ALLOW line that allows his machine to REQUEST any/all
non-restricted feed would look like:

allow   ANY-LIGHTNING-PCWS-WSI-EXP      ^www\.xxx\.yyy\.zzz$

Here 'www\.xxx\.yyy\.zzz' would be replaced by the fully-qualified
name or IP address of Justin's LDM machine.

NB:

- any time a changes is made to the LDM configuration file, ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf,
  the LDM must be stopped and restarted for the change to take effect

re:
> Hope all is well!

Things are good here in Colorado, sunny and dry, but not _nearly_ as dry as
California!!

Ticket ID: UUD-330404
Department: Support IDD