[IDD #LSK-706023]: UNIWISC feed to UW

Hi Harry,

re:
> I am seeing a lot of delays in my UNIWISC feed from
> unidata2-new.ssec.wisc.edu.
> Can you see any reason for this?

Hmm...  The UNIWISC products are getting to our top level relay cluster,
idd.unidata.ucar.edu, without significant delays.  Here is the link for the
latency plot for one of our cluster real-server backends:

http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?UNIWISC+uni18.unidata.ucar.edu

But, the same products are not making it to idd.ssec.wisc.edu (aka
unidata2-new.ssec.wisc.edu)
with the same low latencies:

http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?UNIWISC+idd.ssec.wisc.edu

It seems that all non-locally sourced feeds flowing to idd.ssec.wisc.edu are
experiencing high/higher than normal latencies (this does not include the
feeds that originate from NOAAPort since idd.ssec.wisc.edu REQUESTs those
feeds from the two ingest machines that SSEC maintains).  We will need to
investigate what may be going on.

Since the UNIWISC latencies are low on idd.unidata.ucar.edu, I suggest that
you add a redundant feed REQUEST to it while keeping your existing REQUEST(s)
to idd.ssec.wisc.edu.

Ticket ID: LSK-706023
Department: Support IDD