[IDD #UNV-402209]: Our noaaport machine

Hi Heather,

re:
> Hmm... That is interesting.  I thought we got the allow statements
> taken care of.  I have attached the ldmd.conf file to this email,
> can you look over it if you have time?

The ALLOWs in the ldmd.conf file you sent me look correct.  What does
the LDM log file have to say (look for entries that have Denying connection'
in them).  If the LDM log file (this might be in yesterday's LDM log
file in case you are rotating the log files once per day) show that the
connection attempts were being denied, it likely indicates that the
ALLOWs were added to the ldmd.conf file, but the LDM was not restarted
to make the editing changes active.

re:
> I am supposed to meet with our network admin next week, and I will
> bring this issue up again to him.

Very good.  If you recall, my attempts to feed the NOAAPort data to
one downstream machine was so slow as to be not useful.  I believe
that the reason for this was (is?) the way that your system admin
setup access for our machine(s).

Ticket ID: UNV-402209
Department: Support IDD