[IDD #SBH-699039]: ldm data

Hi Yoshihiro,

re:
> Could you please see if my computer system atm77.ufpel.edu.br
> (200.132.103.25) is still included in the ldm system to get data from
> unidata.ucar.edu ?

Yes, this machine is ALLOWed to REQUEST data from our top level IDD
relay node, idd.unidata.ucar.edu.

re:
> The problem is that I am not able to get data as seem bellow :
>
> Nov 25 14:59:07 atm77 idd.unidata.ucar.edu[16842] ERROR: Disconnecting due
> to LDM failure; Couldn't connect to LDM on idd.unidata.ucar.edu using
> either port 388 or portmapper; : RPC: Remote system error - Connection
> timed out

We are not seeing any recent connection attempts from atm77.ufpel.edu.br.
This and your comment below that you also unable to REQUEST data from
CPTEC strongly suggests that the problem is related to your network, not
to the upstream machines not ALLOWing you.

re:
> I really do not know what is happening because ping, ldmping and other
> connection test are all working fine.

Questions:

- 'ldmping' works to idd.unidata.ucar.edu?

  Can you run 'ldmping' and send us the output you see?

- also, please send the output of:

  'notifyme -vl- -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu'

re:
> The problem is also down here in Brazil because I am unable to get data
> from cptec ( Valdenio -- could you pleas check it ?)

Again, you not being able to get data from either us or CPTEC suggests
that the problem is somehow associated with your network.  Has there been
any firewall changes lately at UFPEL?

Ticket ID: SBH-699039
Department: Support IDD