[IDD #YYZ-448816]: LIGHTNING (FT14,NLDN) and HRRR

> Jeff
>
> Thanks for the pointer to the lightning contact
>
> There are two sites at UCSD. I am the manager of atmos.ucsd.edu we were
> given a direct feed so we don't overwork aeolus.ucsd.edu. Can you list me
> as the site contact for atmos?

I have made the addition to the sitelist. Thanks for the info.

> We are rebuilding our server stack at the moment so we are a bit
> unstable...
> All of our storage is being rebuilt on 10GE connections. also we are adding
> 4TB of SSD and RAM DISKS to speed up our processing. Currently the
> XenServer pool has 2 large machines totaling 256GB RAM and 48 i7 cores.
> Both machines have 4 GigE ports and 2 10GE CNA ports to support iSCSI and
> FCoE storage. We have several hundred TB of iSCSI storage and are adding
> new FCoE storage soon.

That should be able to keep up :)...just noticed some high latency currently
from the charts, but understand getting things working
"in parallel"....feeds set up as you set up the new hardware.

Once SUNY-Albany adds you to their allows, all should be good for the NLDN
feed. We have you allowed for the HRRR via idd.unidata.ucar.edu
on the NGRID feedtype.

> atmos.ucsd.edu is also being upgraded soon including updating to the latest
> LDM. We plan on having several other VMs processing HRRR so we can reduce
> load and latency on atmos.
>
> I wanted to get the ball rolling on permissions in parallel to upgrading
> the servers.
>
> John

Cheers,

Jeff