[IDD #NPX-499274]: LDM Inquiry / Help

Hi Kyle,

re:
> My name is Kyle Suss and I work for a software consultancy out of Denver,
> CO called Tack Mobile.
>
> We are interested in setting up a commercial application that makes use of
> an LDM system and several Unidata data feeds -- can you help us out and let
> us know who we need to get in contact with in order to move forward?

We can only feed non-.edu sites when there is a measurable benefit to the
Unidata community as a whole. Given this, you will need to find an IDD
participant (mostly likely a university) that is willing to feed you the
data that you need.

Out of curiosity, which datastream(s) are you looking for?  I ask because
if the ones of interest are data that originates in the NOAAPort Satellite
Broadcast Network (SBN), you have the option of setting up your own
satellite ingest system to get the data.  Our NOAAPort ingest software
is bundled with recent versions of the LDM, so the cost for installing
a NOAAPort receive system would be the dish, LNB and receiver.

re:
> We are working through the LDM system installation and are stuck now that
> we need to obtain the upstream data feeds given that we must have
> authorization to continue the process.

We understand.

It is possible that DU, Metro State, CU Boulder, CSU or some university
not in Colorado might be willing to feed you the data you need via the LDM/IDD.
Please let us know if you are interested in further pursuing this possibility
and we will try to come up with LDM/IDD site contacts that you could approach.

Ticket ID: NPX-499274
Department: Support IDD