[IDD #VKS-413904]: IDD LDM Access

Hi Warren,

re:
> We have setup the Local Data Manager on our x64 Ubuntu System and are
> interested in
> connecting to the IDD feed from our system at UNC Charlotte.

Very good.

re:
> As far as I can tell, our
> hostname is pat-mcen_112_21.uncc.edu on IP address 152.15.112.21

OK.  I just verified that there is forward (name -> IP) and reverse (IP -> name)
DNS for this machine; excellent!

re:
> I will be serving as our LDM System Administrator, my contact information is
> in my
> signature.

I updated our LDM/IDD site contact page with your information:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/idd/sitelist.html

Please let us know if this entry is OK with you.

re:
> We are hoping to be selective in received products provided the system
> permits filtered
> requests. System constraints are keeping us from becoming too ambitious with
> data but we
> can receive some full feeds if filtering is not a feature.

OK, REQUESTing subsets of a feed is done by specifying an extended regular
expression
for the subset of LDM/IDD Product IDs that you want.  To begin with, I suggest
adding a full request for global observational data (feedtype IDS|DDPLUS) as
this needs a very moderate amount of bandwidth.  The ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf REQUEST
lines (two for redundancy) you would use are:

REQUEST  IDS|DDPLUS  ".*"  idd.meteo.psu.edu
REQUEST  IDS|DDPLUS  ".*"  idd.tamu.edu

NB:

- to make changes/additions in the LDM configuration file (~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf),
one
  _must_ stop/restart the LDM:

<as 'ldm'>
ldmadmin stop
ldmadmin start

OR

ldmadmin restart

re:
> This is our first LDM system, and is thus still a learning process as to the
> full
> capabilities and features.

OK, please don't hesitate to as questions!

re:
> Thank you,

No worries.

Ticket ID: VKS-413904