[IDD #AAX-709279]: idd.unidata.ucar.edu LDM issues?

Hi Daryl,

re:
> I am seeing latencies build again between metfs1.agron.iastate.edu and
> idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  I checked out perfsonar and am getting this:
>
> http://perfsonar.ucar.edu:7123/
>
> 537Mb/s outbound and 45.19Mb/s inbound
>
> Are there any know router issues there?

I don't believe that there are any known router issues in UCAR.  I will
get together with Mike Schmidt (Unidata sysadmin) to see if he can
investigate further.

re:
> I checked with my folks here and
> they were not aware of anything local.

The fact that you were able to work around latency problems by switching
to feed from idd.ssec.wisc.edu coupled and that idd.ssec.wisc.edu gets
some of its feeds directly and solely from idd.unidata.ucar.edu (e.g.,
FNEXRAD and UNIWISC) strongly suggests that the (routing?) issue is
outside of UCAR and the Front Range Gigapop.  It would be most useful
if you would test to make sure that feed latencies (especially for
FNEXRAD and UNIWISC) return to low values when REQUESTing from
idd.ssec.wisc.edu.  If this is still the case, then it would seem that
the cause of the latenies would be somewhere between you and us.

Ticket ID: AAX-709279
Department: Support IDD