[IDD #AAX-709279]: idd.unidata.ucar.edu LDM issues?

Hi Daryl,

re:
> I am seeing major LDM latencies from idd.unidata.ucar.edu starting about
> 2 AM CDT this morning.  Do you have a bad node there?

Question:

- on which iastate.edu machine are you observing high latencies,
  and are these for all datastreams or one in particular?

  I think that it is metfs1.agron.iastate.edu, but I want to make
  sure.

re:
> I tried to evaluate via the online rtstats, but they all appear to be
> broken at the moment?

The real-time stats processing were moved to a new machine.  Evidently,
one of the side effects of this move is cached links to particular
machines/feeds no longer work (but try forcing a reload of the link
anyway).  What definitely does work is:

Unidata HomePage
www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Data -> IDD Operational Status
  http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/rtstats/

    Statistics by Host
    http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex

      etc.

I am assuming that the iastate.edu machine that you were experiencing high
latencies on is metfs1.agron.iastate.edu (true?) because it is the machine
that is REQUESTing data from idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  Checks of latencies
for all datastreams being received on metfs1.agron.iastate.edu shows that
they were very high sometime this morning, but the situation cleared-up
suddenly and the latencies have been very low since.  Since we have done
nothing to any of the real server backends of the idd.unidata.ucar.edu
cluster, I have to assume that the cause of the high latencies was likely
a router somewhere between your and our machines.

Ticket ID: AAX-709279
Department: Support IDD