[IDD #VRK-635010]: idd data

Hi Marck,

re:
> I have tried notifyme -vl- -f ANY -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu and I can see
> there's
> a valid connection.

Very good.  This verifies that the special ALLOW that I setup for your machine
is working correctly.

re:
> Afterwards I did the changes suggested by you.
>
> But I am getting this error when I do ldmadmin start
>
> [ldm@dma ~]$ ldmadmin start
> The self-consistency of the product-queue couldn't be determined.
> See the logfile for details.
> LDM not started
> [ldm@dma ~]$

Do the following to delete and remake the LDM queue and then start the LDM:

<as 'ldm'>
ldmadmin delqueue
ldmadmin mkqueue
ldmadmin start

re:
> We search online but nobody seemed to have this problem.

The typical scenario in which this can happen is when an LDM is stopped
abruptly (power outage, system reboot, etc.) during an operation on
the LDM queue.  In your case it might be the case that you never made the
LDM queue to begin with.

re:
> We could not find any valid logfiles either.

This indicates that logging is not setup correctly on your machine.  The easiest
way to find out what is going on is if I could login to your machine as the
user 'ldm'.  But first, I have a question:

- did you provide the 'root' or 'sudo' credentials during the installation
  phase of the LDM?

  If not, the portion of the LDM install that configures logging was not
  run, and this would explain why you are not seeing any LDM log files
  (which should be in ~ldm/logs which, in turn, might be a link to
  ~ldm/var/logs).

re:
> I am sending you the ldmadmin config also.
> [ldm@dma ~]$ ldmadmin config
>
> hostname:              dma.ldm
> os:                    Linux
> release:               2.6.32-358.23.2.el6.x86_64
> ldmhome:               /home/ldm
> LDM version:           6.11.6
> PATH:
> /home/ldm/ldm-6.11.6/bin:/home/ldm/decoders:/home/ldm/util:/home/ldm/bin:/home/ldm/ldm-6.11.6/bin:/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/home/ldm/bin
> LDM conf file:         /home/ldm/etc/ldmd.conf
> pqact(1) conf file:    /home/ldm/etc/pqact.conf
> scour(1) conf file:    /home/ldm/etc/scour.conf
> product queue:         /home/ldm/var/queues/ldm.pq
> queue size:            500M bytes
> queue slots:           default
> reconciliation mode:   do nothing
> pqsurf(1) path:        /home/ldm/var/queues/pqsurf.pq
> pqsurf(1) size:        2M
> IP address:            0.0.0.0
> port:                  388
> PID file:              /home/ldm/ldmd.pid
> Lock file:             /home/ldm/.ldmadmin.lck
> maximum clients:       256
> maximum latency:       3600
> time offset:           3600
> log file:              /home/ldm/var/logs/ldmd.log
> numlogs:               7
> log_rotate:            1
> netstat:               /bin/netstat -A inet -t -n
> top:                   /usr/bin/top -b -n 1
> metrics file:          /home/ldm/var/logs/metrics.txt
> metrics files:         /home/ldm/var/logs/metrics.txt*
> num_metrics:           4
> check time:            1
> delete info files:     0
> ntpdate(1):            /usr/sbin/ntpdate
> ntpdate(1) timeout:    5
> time servers:          ntp.ucsd.edu ntp1.cs.wisc.edu ntppub.tamu.edu
> otc1.psu.edu timeserver.unidata.ucar.edu
> time-offset limit:     10
>
> [ldm@dma ~]$

This all looks OK, but it is not sufficient information to figure
out why your LDM logging is not (yet) working.

Ticket ID: VRK-635010
Department: Support IDD