[IDD #CQQ-768862]: Upgrade ldm

Hi Heather,

re:
> So I installed the new ldm on one of our machines, and it seemed to install
> successfully.

I assume that this means that you did not get any errors during the
build/install, is this correct?

re:
> However, I am a bit confused now.  I got to this point in the instructions:

Please note that the following you included is optional!  I would do a simple
test to see if things are OK:

<as 'ldm'>
-- assuming that you built/installed AND changed the runtime link to point
   at the newly built/installed LDM version (see previous email), simply
   try starting the LDM:

ldmadmin start

If you get an error/warning about the queue, simply delete and create
a new queue:

ldmadmin delqueue
ldmadmin mkqueue

And then try starting the LDM again:

ldmadmin start

If you still have problems, let us know.

OPTIONAL:
> F (Optional) If you decided that the just-built LDM system should work with
> the previous
> product-queue from a version 6.1 (or earlier) LDM, then verify that it does
> so by
> executing the command
>
> ../bin/pqcheck
>
> If this indicates that the product-queue is invalid, then you must either
> reinstall this
> package -- starting with the clean-up step above -- and specify a different
> programming
> environment via the CC environment variable (e.g. cc -m32 instead of cc -m64)
> before
> re-executing the configure script, or you will have to remove the previous
> product-queue
> and create a new, empty one using the programs of this package before
> starting the new
> LDM.
>
> Here is my output from running that command:
>
> -bash-3.2$ ./pqcheck
> Sep 30 17:04:55 pqcheck NOTE: Starting Up (26177)
> Sep 30 17:04:55 pqcheck ERROR: ctl_gopen: pq->datao=4096, pq->pagesz=4096,
> pq->ixo=0, pq->ixsz=2000007168
> Sep 30 17:04:55 pqcheck ERROR: assertion "pq->ixo >= pq->datao" failed: file
> "pq.c", line 3847
> Aborted
>

> I was able to do a long history on our machine and saw that commands that
> Martha used
> for our previous update.  She just used the simple ./configure command and
> never
> specified a different CC environment variable.

Given this, I will assume that you do not have to do anything new now.

re:
> Are there any issues with creating a new empty product-queue?

No, especially now that (presumably) your LDM has not been running for
awhile.

re:
> How exactly do I do that?

See above.