[IDD #NJQ-115013]: switching to a new machine for Purdue's ldm

Hi Mike,

re:
> We are in the process of switching our ldm to a new machine,
> from "weather.eas.purdue.edu" (128.210.169.50)
> to "blizzard.rcac.purdue.edu" (128.211.148.52)

The first thing I did was check to see if forward and reverse DNS
exists for your new machine:

% nslookup blizzard.rcac.purdue.edu
Server:         192.168.72.2
Address:        192.168.72.2#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   blizzard.rcac.purdue.edu
Address: 128.211.148.52
% nslookup 128.211.148.52
Server:         192.168.72.2
Address:        192.168.72.2#53

Non-authoritative answer:
52.148.211.128.in-addr.arpa     name = blizzard.rcac.purdue.edu.

211.128.in-addr.arpa    nameserver = ns.purdue.edu.
211.128.in-addr.arpa    nameserver = ns2.purdue.edu.
211.128.in-addr.arpa    nameserver = harbor.ecn.purdue.edu.
211.128.in-addr.arpa    nameserver = pendragon.cs.purdue.edu.
ns.purdue.edu   internet address = 128.210.11.5
ns2.purdue.edu  internet address = 128.210.11.57
harbor.ecn.purdue.edu   internet address = 128.46.154.76
pendragon.cs.purdue.edu internet address = 128.10.2.5

Excellent!  This will make the job of changing ALLOWs for your new
machine much easier.

re:
> Below please find REQUEST entries in our current ldmd.conf file, if you can
> help provide contact info to the other servers, that would be great!
>
> Please let me know what additional information you need.  Thanks!

Unidata IDD Support <address@hidden> is the appropriate
email address for all feed REQUESTs to the top level IDD relay node
that we maintain here in UCAR.  Your new machine is now ALLOWed to REQUEST
from this relay.

As far as the other sites you are feeding from, here is the reference
for the web page that we maintain with contact information:

Unidata Home Page
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Projects -> Internet Data Distribution
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/index.html#idd

    IDD Current Operational Status
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/rtstats/

      Site Contact List
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/sitelist.html

A quick look in the Site Contact List page shows that the folks you
need to contact are:

upstream machine              LDM/IDD contact information
-----------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
idd.unidata.ucar.edu          Unidata IDD Support <address@hidden>
flood.atmos.uiuc.edu          David Wojtowicz <address@hidden>
striker2.atmos.albany.edu     David Knight <address@hidden>
castor.rcac.purdue.edu        Matthew Huber <address@hidden>
pollux.rcac.purdue.edu        (contact may be different, but he should be able
                              to point you to the correct person/group)
129.15.110.182                ?????

Comment on 129.15.110.182:

'nslookup' shows this to be nmqxrt-31.nssl.noaa.gov.  Someone at Purdue
evidently contacted somebody at NSSL and arranged to be fed the NMC2
and EXP feeds.  FYI: NMC2 is an alias for CONDUIT.  This does not necessarily
mean that the data that NSSL is sending via the NMC2 feed is, in fact,
CONDUIT data.

Ticket ID: NJQ-115013
Department: Support IDD