[IDD #PYD-238878]: [ldm-users] Testing to see if a METAR or RAOB report is included in your LDM Feed

Hi Bill,

I directed the question you posed to the ldm-users email list into
the Unidata inquiry tracking system so that we could jump in if
nobody on the list offered guidance.

re:
> We are trying to add some obscure METAR / ASOS stations that we see in
> commercial software but we've had some difficulty seeing it in the LDM feed.
>
> Is there a way to scan the LDM feed as it comes in to see if these METAR/SPECI
> reports are included in our streams?

The suggestions that Gerry Creager and Daryl Herzmann offered in their
have provided:

- use the LDM utility 'notifyme' to capture the headers for either
  all products in the IDD IDS|DDPLUS datastream or for products that
  match your search requirement

- setup an action to save all IDS|DDPLUS products to disk for a day or
  so and then review them to see if the product(s) you are looking
  for were received

  By the way, this option is included in the default/example pqact.conf
  file included in LDM distributions.  To activate it, you would simply
  need to uncomment the action and then run:

  <as 'ldm'>
  ldmadmin pqactcheck
  ldmadmin pqactHUP

  After you get enough reports to convince yourself that the product(s)
  were or were not received, you would simply comment the action you
  uncommented and then redo the check and HUP actions.

  This assumes, of course, that you have not replaced the default
  pqact.conf file with one of your own crafting in which you removed
  the action I refer to above.

Ticket ID: PYD-238878
Department: Support IDD