[IDD #DLW-777823]: Problems with LDM NLDN configuration

Hi Brian,

I just got back to my room after the PASI...

re:
> Trying to get weather's RAMADDA running.

> [bmapes@weather ~]$ sudo service tomcat6 start
> [sudo] password for bmapes:
> Starting tomcat6:                                          [  OK  ]

OK.

re:
> but then even within the RSMAS network (inside the firewall) my browser says
> this:
> Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to weather.rsmas.miami.edu:8080

Looks like the firewall on weather.

re:
> Is there an internal firewall that need to have its 8080 opened or something?

Yes, exactly.  I just logged into weather and enabled the ports used by LDM,
ADDE (McIDAS) and RAMADDA.  I then verified that tomcat was running:

<as 'root'>
ps -eaf | grep tomcat6
tomcat   18072     1  0 16:01 ?        00:00:13 /etc/alternatives/jre/bin/java
-d64 -Xmx4048m -Xms512m
-Dorg.apache.catalina.security.SecurityListener.UMASK=0007 -server
-Dramadda_home=/data/repository -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
-Dfile.encoding=utf-8
-Dorg.apache.jasper.runtime.BodyContentImpl.LIMIT_BUFFER=true -classpath
:/usr/share/tomcat6/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/share/tomcat6/bin/tomcat-juli.jar:/usr/share/java/commons-daemon.jar
 -Dcatalina.base=/usr/share/tomcat6 -Dcatalina.home=/usr/share/tomcat6
-Djava.endorsed.dirs= -Djava.io.tmpdir=/var/cache/tomcat6/temp
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=/usr/share/tomcat6/conf/logging.properties
-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

I then tried to connect to RAMADDA, and I got an error that said a README
file could not be read.  I then examined the RAMADDA home directory
(/data/repository) and found that the files were owned by tomcat but
the group ID was something different/wrong.  I recursively changed the
ownership of the RAMADDA directory tree to be owned by tomcat in the
group tomcat:

cd /data/repository
chown -R tomcat:tomcat *

I next moved the weather_ramadda.tar.gz file up to /data.

Finally, I tried connecting to RAMADDA, and I had success!

Please start checking out the RAMADDA restore to see if/where
there are issues.

Ticket ID: DLW-777823
Department: Support IDD