[IDD #DLW-777823]: Problems with LDM NLDN configuration

Hi Brian,

re: open ports on weather

> I don't know how to tell if the firewall ports are open yet.

The system utility like 'nmap' (NOT the GEMPAK application) to see
what ports are open on a machine.  I just did this (as 'root') from
my machine and here is what I got:

# nmap -f -sS weather.rsmas.miami.edu

Starting Nmap 5.51 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2013-05-26 11:49 MDT
Nmap scan report for weather.rsmas.miami.edu (129.171.98.193)
Host is up (0.0054s latency).
Not shown: 998 filtered ports
PORT   STATE SERVICE
53/tcp open  domain
80/tcp open  http

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 82.14 seconds

So, the only ports that are open on weather are 53 and 80.  I could
configure RAMADDA to listen to port 80, but this would mean that
weather could not run a web server.

re:
> Hope you're enjoying Cartagena!

It is hot and humid here.  I imagine that this would not be too
unusual for you since you are in Miami, but for someone used to
the dry air in Colorado, it is "sticky" :-)

re:
> Have a nice weekend & thanks for all the helpfulness.

No worries.

I started Tomcat (tomcat6) on weather, but since I can not access
the site, I am reluctant to leave it running.  I will shut it down
and let you bring it up and then immediately to RAMADDA through a
web browser to see if things are working.  The procedure will be:

<as 'root'>
service tomcat6 start

Since we (you) restored the RAMADDA instance that was on the previous
incarnation of weather, RAMADDA should have the same logins as before.
You made a comment about some ncml aggregations that you had in place
being the reason you wanted RAMADDA brought up "soon" (at least I
think I am remembering this correctly).  If the ncml was pointing at
data in the file system, it may point to nothing now since we wiped
out the IDD-delivered/processed data content that was on the
have for implementing the same processing on weather as motherlode,
but I will try to carve out some time.  Today is definitely out since
I need to attend to the problems generated by GOES-East going out
and prepare for the IDV training session that I will be putting on
tomorrow afternoon (trying to present highlights from a normal
3-day training in 3 hours!).

Ticket ID: DLW-777823
Department: Support IDD