[IDD #DLW-777823]: Problems with LDM NLDN configuration

Hi Brian,

Well, we have some bad news about weather:  one of the disks
in the RAID array that is /dev/sdb1 is bad.  We provide this
by running the 3ware utility tw_cli.  Here is the output
(run as 'root'):

root@weather:~# tw_cli /c2 show

Unit  UnitType  Status         %RCmpl  %V/I/M  Stripe  Size(GB)  Cache  AVrfy
u0    SINGLE    OK             -       -       -       1396.97   RiW    ON
u1    RAID-6    DEGRADED       -       -       256K    2328.26   RiW    ON

VPort Status         Unit Size      Type  Phy Encl-Slot    Model
p0    OK             u0   1.36 TB   SATA  0   -            Hitachi HDS723015BL
p1    OK             u1   465.76 GB SATA  1   -            WDC WD5000AAKS-00V1
p2    OK             u1   465.76 GB SATA  2   -            ST3500320NS
p3    OK             u1   465.76 GB SATA  3   -            ST3500320NS
p4    CFG-OP-FAIL    -    0.00 MB   SATA  4   -
p5    OK             u1   465.76 GB SATA  5   -            ST3500320NS
p6    OK             u1   465.76 GB SATA  6   -            ST3500320NS
p7    OK             u1   465.76 GB SATA  7   -            ST3500320NS

You can see that the disk on Vport p4 is essentially shot, and this is
causing the incredibly poor performance that I talked about in my
previous email.

What Mike Schmidt (Unidata system administrator) and I decided to do
was to move all LDM processing over to the system disk, /dev/sda1.
This is not a permanent move, it is just to reinforce our belief
that one of the disks in the RAID on weather needs to be replaced.
I will be configuring the LDM to make the change today and reporting
back my findings as them present themselves to me.

So, the things that need to be done there are:

- get someone to replace the bad disk in the RAID

- fix the DNS for weather

  I just verified that IP -> name still doesn't work, and this is
  the reason you can not successfully REQUEST lightning data from
  UAlbany

I will be reconfiguring the LDM on weather off and on throughout
the afternoon and evening...

Ticket ID: DLW-777823
Department: Support IDD