[LDM #JOF-421815]: Not receiving NEXRAD3 data...

> I wanted to let you know that our entire data feed has been "out" for about
> 12 hours every day for the past week plus.  We stopped receiving today at
> approximately 15:15UTC.  The data feed restarts again in the evening…but is
> out during the day.  This has recurred for approximately 10 days now.  I no
> longer believe that this is related to the outage noted below as it pertains
> to our entire data feed (NAM, GFS, satellite, etc.).  We are at
> whistler.creighton.edu and are attempting to get data from
> idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  Please let me know if you need any log files…
>
> --David
>
> David M. Stokowski
> Client Support Analyst II
> Department of Atmospheric Science
> Creighton University
> 2500 California Plaza
> Omaha, NE 68178
> Office: (402) 280.3523

Hi David,

Looking at whistlers latency chart:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?IDS|DDPLUS+whistler.creighton.edu

..sure looks like we have a clock problem.

It looks to be about an hour off, and drifting.

Time is a critical component of the LDM/IDD...maybe during times of congestion
(daytime) we pass the queue threshold ( -o 3600) and start dropping products.

Creighton should force whistler (and natasha altho natasha appears to be on
time currently)) back to correct time and then hopefully running ntpd to keep
the time where it should be :)

(we suspect this will clear up the issue)

Can you please send along your ldmd.conf so we can take a peek at how your
requests are formed? (we may be able to gain some efficiency there as well).

Cheers,

Jeff
Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support