[LDM #NLZ-521997]: missing GOES satellite feeds

Hi Neal,

re:
> I have the scripts pointing to the GOES-15 data now, but I am getting an
> error regarding the imgtyp.tbl file.
>
> "[IM 1]  No entry in the image type table, imgtyp.tbl, for file
> /data/ldm/gempak/images/sat/GOES-15/4km/VIS/VIS_20130218_1400"

This is definitely a GEMPAK issue.

re:
> I suspect something in the file needs updated. I found this support article
> regarding a patch
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/gembud/2010/msg00135.html

I believe that there are more recent exchanges from the gembud email list that
specifically address the modifications/additions needed in imgtyp.tbl to
support GOES-15 imagery.

re:
> Not sure if that would fix the issue or if GEMPAK needs updated to a more
> recent version.

Upgrading your GEMPAK installation to the current release would certainly
solve the missing entry(ies) in imgtyp.tbl.  It may be the case that simply
replacing your imgtyp.tbl with the one from a current release would solve
your immediate problem.

Question:

- what version of GEMPAK are you currently running?

  FYI: the current GEMPAK release is v6.8

  Unidata HomePage
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

    Software -> GEMPAK