[IDD #TVX-420935]: Setting up a data stream for LDM for UMBC

> Support,
Hi Ray, (and Art)

> I am setting up an LDM server and GEMPAK on that machine here at UMBC.

Sounds like a plan :)

> Physics Department, University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)
>
> LDM adminstator
> --
> Raymond M. Hoff
> Professor of Physics
> Rm 426, Physics Dept.
> University of Maryland, Baltimore County
> 1000 Hilltop Circle
> Baltimore MD 21250
> p: 410-455-1943 f:410-455-1042
> e: address@hidden
> physics.umbc.edu/~hoff
>
> The hostname of the machine that will run LDM is in the .configure.log
> as awipserver.physics.umbc.edu  (one s in awipserver)  and the IP
> address is 130.85.163.219  (the DNS lookup for this machine is
> awipsserver.physics.umbc.edu (.. note two s's in the first word....
> don't ask).    Let me know if this will cause issues as we would have
> to change the dns lookup to fix that).

We should be able to work with what the DNS resolves to.

> We are interested in feedtypes:
>
> UNIDATA, FSL2, PCWS, NMC
>
> I have not contacted any local upstream hosts for access, perhaps you
> can suggest.  I see that Rutgers and College Park have LDM hosts but I
> don't know if they have all those datasets.

We will be feeding you from Penn State, they carry the full boat!
I am cc'ing the LDM admin at Penn State(Art Person)as well on this message,
please
let this serve as an introduction.

Please point your requests to:

ldm.meteo.psu.edu

(unless Art directs otherwise)

> Let me know if you need more information.
>
> PS.   we are currently running LDM on a separate machine in my lab for
> GPSSRC.   This will be a separate LDM installation on a server and
> will not be connected to that machine.  I am contact as well on that
> LDM feed from SUOMINET.

Great, I was working on the SuomiNet project a decade ago with the original LDM
set-up.

> Ray

Welcome aboard and please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Cheers,

Jeff
Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support