[IDD #ZJK-109461]: Upstream IDD feeds for LDM at UW-Milwaukee

Hi Clark,

re:
> As part of the Unidata 2012 Community Equipment Award competition, Paul
> Roebber and I here at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee were awarded
> funds to purchase a Dell PowerEdge server for the purposes of
> configuring LDM, RAMADDA, and THREDDS. Having recently configured the
> server, I am in the process of installing and configuring the LDM
> software on this machine and wanted to inquire about obtaining upstream
> data feeds.

OK.  We will want you to request the majority of your IDD datafeeds from
the University of Wisconsin-Madison AOS.  The contact for the LDM there
is:

Pete Pokrandt <address@hidden>

If you want to get LIGHTNING data (NLDN and/or USPLN), you will need
to contact folks listed in:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Data -> Lightning
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/#lightning

Please make sure to let the folks know that you are a Unidata educational
institution and that you agree to abide by data redistribution restrictions.

re:
> The requested information from the LDM configuration guide is as follows:
>
> * Site: University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Atmospheric Science Group
> * LDM Admin: Clark Evans, (414) 229-5116, address@hidden (alt. e-mail:
>   address@hidden)
> * LDM Hostname: atmo.math.uwm.edu (129.89.17.63)
> * Desired Feedtypes: Whttps://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/#lightninge would
> like access to all feedtypes that are
>   available to us (e.g., all types from
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/feedtypes/index.html)

Thanks.  We will add you to our IDD site contacts list:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Projects -> Internet Data Distribution
  https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/index.html#idd

    IDD Current Operational Status
    https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/rtstats/

      Site Contact List
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/sitelist.html

re:
> Please feel free to contact me (e-mail preferred) if you have any questions.

Will do if needed.

Ticket ID: ZJK-109461
Department: Support IDD