[IDD #CHN-954034]: Ceiling and Visibility from AWIPS/SBN datastream

Hi Minna,

re:
> I was recently notified by my AWC contact of the upcoming availability
> of Ceiling and Visibility (NCV) Analysis data via the AWIPS/SBN
> datastream on August 14 (the change notice is below).  Will this be
> available via LDM from Unidata or will my organization (RAL) need to
> make the appropriate arrangements to retrieve this data?

Since we ingest the entire AWIPS/SBN (aka NOAAPort) broadcast, the
new products should automatically be available in the IDD.  Which
datastream(s) the products will be in, however, is a bit uncertain
since we have not seen the products yet.  If the products are textual,
they should be automatically added to the IDS|DDPLUS datastream.  If,
however, they appear to be binary, they could get added to the HDS
or NGRID datastreams.

re:

> CHANGE NOTICE NO 13365
> EFFECTIVE DATE  AUGUST 14 2012
>

> [13365] ON THE ABOVE EFFECTIVE DATE THE FOLLOWING THREE NATIONAL CEILING
> AND VISIBILITY [NCV] ANALYSIS PRODUCTS WILL BE ADDED TO THE AWIPS/SBN
> DATASTREAMS.
>
> ROBERT SALLEE [816] 584-7256 IS THE COGNIZANT TECHNICAL INDIVIDUAL.
> ANTHONY ROBINSON [301] 713-1892 EXTENSION 145 IS THE DRG FOCAL POINT FOR
> THIS ITEM.
>
> THE FOLLOWING HEADERS WILL BE ADDED TO THE AWIPS/SBN DATASTREAMS:
>
> WMO HEADER
> -----------
>
> LIUA00 KKCI
> LVUA98 KKCI
> LJUA00 KKCI
>
> END

Assuming that the following is run on a RAL machine that is receiving
all of the NOAAPort-derived IDD datastreams (e.g., HDS, IDS|DDPLUS,
NGRID, NIMAGE and NEXRAD3), you can determine if the product(s) have
been added on August 14 and which datastream(s) they are in:

<as 'ldm' on a RAL machine that is receiving all NOAAPort-derived datastreams>

notifyme -vl- -f ANY -p '(LIUA00|LVUA98|LJUAOO)'

NB: this will log output to STDOUT.  Since you probably don't want to watch
the output all day, I would recommend the following invocation instead:

<still as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm
notifyme -vl logs/ncv.log -f ANY -p '(LIUA00|LVUA98|LJUAOO)'

Let this run all day, and you should see the arrival of any products that
have these three fields in their LDM/IDD Product IDs.

Ticket ID: CHN-954034
Department: Support IDD