[IDD #OAO-715926]: Upstream host for backup LDM

Hi Joseph,

re:
> Thanks for the ALLOW on aeolus. I've converted over to them and am
> receiving data as expected.

Very good.

re:
> As for the environment specs you requested, our IT people gave me this for
> ldm2:
>
> Vm Version : 7
> CPU: 1vCPU
> Memory: 2048 MB
> Storage: 50GB
>
> The VMserver is running Vmware ESXi 4.1.0 and running Rhel6.1.

OK, thanks!

re:
> IT will be cloning the backup machine to replace the primary in the near
> future. The clone will be reconfigured to use the primary's name, IP
> address, and upstream hosts. I suspect that the environment will be the
> same for both machines.
>
> Are there any other parameters or metrics that you would like to see for
> these machines, that I can pass on to them?

Not at the moment.  I am curious about:

- where the data ingested by the LDM is being written (either as raw
  obs or as the output of a decoder run from an LDM pattern-action file?

- does your LDM instance relay to other machines/virtual machines?

  If yes, how is the networking setup for and in the virtual machine?

Ticket ID: OAO-715926
Department: Support IDD