[IDD #RQP-272807]: freshair2.atmos.washington.edu unable to connect to idd.unidata.ucar.edu

Hi Harry,

re:
> My system "freshair2.atmos.washington.edu" is unable to connect to
> idd.unidata.ucar.edu.   The message is:
>
> Feb  8 05:51:02 freshair2 idd.unidata.ucar.edu[3017] ERROR: Disconnecting due
> LDM failure; Couldn't connect to LDM on idd.unidata.ucar.edu using either port
> 388 or portmapper; : RPC: Remote system error - Connection refused

After seeing your inquiry this morning, I took a look at the
real servers in the cluster idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  One node,
which apparently had been handling freshair1, was showing
lots of errors of the kind:

Feb  7 22:53:22 uni17 freshair1.atmos.washington.edu(f[18754] NOTE: feed or
notify failure; HEREIS: RPC: Unable to send; errno = Connection timed out

These errors ended at 23:09:58 UTC last night.

A different cluster node was and continues to handle connections
from freshair2.  Its LDM log file does not show the problems
that the other was indicating for freshair1, but it does show
repeated reconnection attempts up until 7:22:19 UTC.

Can you confirm that freshair2 continues to have problems
receiving data from idd.unidata.ucar.edu?  If it is still
having problems, I will restart the LDMs on both of the
cluster nodes that are handling connections to UW.

> --
> Dr. Harry Edmon                       E-MAIL: address@hidden
> 206-543-0547 FAX: 206-543-0308
> Director of IT, College of the Environment and
> Director of Computing, Dept of Atmospheric Sciences
> University of Washington, Box 351640, Seattle, WA 98195-1640

Ticket ID: RQP-272807
Department: Support IDD