[IDD #YYT-234815]: Ship and Synoptic obs not received after 06-07Z every day since 9/1

Hi Greg,

re:
> Something strange seems to have happened to my LDM feed since September 1.
> I find that starting on September 1, I stopped receiving ship and synoptic
> observations between roughly 6 - 23 Z every day. They start back up again
> at 00 Z and I typically get 6 or seven hours worth of data and then it stops
> again for the rest of the day. I'm writing the text metar, ship and synoptic
> obs to the same directory and the metar obs continue during the 6-23 Z
> period but the others do not.

Are you saying that you are not getting any synoptic observations for the
normal synoptic reporting times?  I just plotted synoptically-reported
temperature
for the 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, and 21Z synoptic times in McIDAS which is getting
the data from adde.ucar.edu.  The fact that these plots are not empty (they
have logs of observations) between 6 and 21Z suggest that the data is
flowing in the IDD with no problems.

Can you be specific about particular observations that you are missing?

I want to make sure that we are comparing apples with apples...

re:
> I don't see any clues in my /usr/local/ldm/var/logs/ldmd.log file. We are
> feeding
> from idd.unidata.ucar.edu. We are running LDM-6.9.7. This problem seemed to
> start
> on 9/1 as everything seemed to be running normally prior to that.

adde.ucar.edu (aka motherlode.ucar.edu) is also feeding from
idd.unidata.ucar.edu,
so if it is getting the data, you should also.

re:
> Can you help me diagnose the source of this problem and fix it?

Questions:

- what is the name of the machine on which you are running an LDM to get
  the data in question?

  I ask this because I want to compare volume plots of IDS|DDPLUS for your
  machine and for idd.unidata.ucar.edu and others.

- are you sure that your LDM pattern-action files don't have some sort
  of strange pattern that is not being matched for the particular hours?

  This is a _big_ reach, but I have to ask...

  It might be helpful for you to send us your LDM pattern-action file(s)
  so we can take a look.  If you send it/them, please also send your
  ldmd.conf file.

Ticket ID: YYT-234815
Department: Support IDD