[IDD #GOK-818269]: Help -- NEXRAD3 feed no longer working, along with some GOES imagery from UNIWISC

Hi Marcus,

re:
> The LDM on the new server is running and getting some data...but not
> everything.
>
> We are getting satellite imagery and some nwx data:
> ===================
>
> [ldm@gwoemul images]$ cd sat
> [ldm@gwoemul sat]$ ls
> AK-NATIONAL  EAST-CONUS  HI-NATIONAL  MOLLWEIDE    PR-REGIONAL     WEST-CONUS
> AK-REGIONAL  GOES-11     HI-REGIONAL  NHEM-COMP    SOUNDER
> ANTARCTIC    GOES-13     MDR          PR-NATIONAL  SUPER-NATIONAL
> [ldm@gwoemul sat]$ cd ../../nwx
> [ldm@gwoemul nwx]$ ls
> admin     civil_advs  flood  marine  mos       outlook   satellite  stats
> asos      climate     hpc    misc    nhc       pub_prod  seismic    watch_warn
> aviation  fire        hydro  model   obs_data  river     spc
> ========================
>

> Since you already had 'gwoemul.wiu.edu' already allowed, I imagine some of
> the feeds
> are still alive, but the new IP may cause a problem with others...?
>
> (The new IP is 143.43.196.14)

No, the ALLOWs are such that if you are getting anyting from a feed, you should
get everything you are REQUESTing from that feed.  Again, you are ALLOWed for
all non-restricted feeds (e.g., not LIGHTNING which is point-to-point from the
upstream providers), so you should be able to get anything you want.  I would
suspect that if you are not seeing all of the processed data you are interested
in, it means that there is something incorrectly setup with your processing.

re:
> I see from one of the real-time stats pages that CONDUIT was listed, but that
> is not in our ldmd.conf.

This appears to be an artifact.

re:
> I have attached a tarball of our ~ldm/etc folder (containing the config files
> for ldmd, pqact, ...) for reference.

I will take a look later today (I have meetings this morning).

re:
> It is also possible that I do not have something set up right on our end, or
> the
> bottleneck is jamming things up like before.

Both possibilities could be in play.  The latency plot for HDS:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?HDS+gwoemul.wiu.edu

Show that there is a bottleneck in your data reception.  When sites exhibit
"high" latencies for high volume feeds (e.g., HDS, NGRID, CONDUIT, NEXRAD3,
etc.) and low latencies for low volume feeds (e.g., IDS|DDPLUS, FSL, UNIWISC,
etc.) our experience says that it is typically due to a volume limiting
imposed by the local site (network throttling commonly referred to as
packet shaping).  I would contact your network folks and ask them if your
"pipe" is being volume limited/packet shaped.

Ticket ID: GOK-818269
Department: Support IDD