[IDD #PDW-808970]: Data Access

Hi Brian,

re:
> It doesn't look promising to allow resolution of the domain.   Unfortunately,
> ldm.oce.usda.gov is in a secured domain that prevents any domain resolution
> (forward or backward).  I appreciate the help in hard-coding the IP and I
> apologize for the inconvenience.

When I was setting up the hardwire ALLOW for your machine on idd.cise-nsf.gov,
I took the time to review its LDM log files to verify that your machine was,
in fact, being denied a feed.  I found _no_ entry of any kind for your machine's
IP, 199.128.189.9, in our log files.  Since port 388 access is wide open
on idd.cise-nsf.gov, the lack of LDM log file Denying messages tells me
that your feed request is not getting to idd.cise-nsf.gov.  This leads me to
believe that your secured domain is not allowing outbound traffic to port 388
on idd.cise-nsf.gov.

Can you check with your network folks to verify/refute my hypothesis?

Thanks in advance...

Ticket ID: PDW-808970
Department: Support IDD