[IDD #PGJ-802823]: request for approval of LDM data receiving

Hi Bei,

re:
> Hi, I have attached ldmd.conf and rsyslog.conf to you.

Thanks for sending these...

I see that rsyslog.conf was configured to write LDM log messages to
/root/var/logs/ldmd.log.  Do you see this file on your system?
I would imagine that the LDM log file you are looking at is something
like ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log, and this is not related to /root/var/logs/ldmd.log.
If this is the case, you could:

<as 'root'>
cd /etc
-- edit rsyslog.conf and:

   change:

   /root/var/logs/ldmd.log

   to:

   /home/ldm/logs/ldmd.log     <- or wherever your LDM log file is

After making this change to rsyslog.conf, you should:

- verify that the user running the LDM (e.g., the user 'ldm') owns
  the LDM log file (i.e., it is not owned by 'root')

- send a HUP signal to rsyslogd to tell it to reread the configuration
  info in /etc/rsyslog.conf.  This is easily done by the user running
  the LDM assuming that the LDM was installed according to instructions:

  <as 'ldm'>
  hupsyslog

  If the permissions on ~ldm/bin/hupsyslog are not setuid root, then
  your LDM is not completely/correctly installed.

Regarding the contents of ldmd.conf that you sent.  This shows that
any all products will be processed by pattern-action entries in
the file ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf.  This may not seem obvious, but that
is the default for the ldmd.conf entry:

EXEC    "pqact"

The question now is if you added an action to ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf that
tells 'pqact' what to do with the Cosmic products when they are received.
In my previous email I asked you to send us your pqact.conf file; I
did not find it attached to your latest email, so I have no way of
knowing if you setup an action to process the Cosmic data in it.

re:
> Thanks~!!!!

No worries.  Please send us your pqact.conf file so we can fully understand
your setup/what you are trying to do.

Ticket ID: PGJ-802823
Department: Support IDD