[IDD #PGJ-802823]: request for approval of LDM data receiving

Hi Bei,

re:
> I have add the REQUEST line in ldmd.conf
> REQUEST EXP "cosmicrt" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> and yesterday I indeed received datastream when I ldmadmin watch.

Very good.

re:
> But no files are saved in ~/var/data path, and when I checked ldmd.log, the
> logfile is empty.
>
> And today I start everything over again, and installed ldm 6.9.7 again.
> still add the REQUEST line
> after ldmadmin start
> it says:
> [Bei@Bei ~]$ ldmadmin start
> The product-queue is OK.
> Checking pqact(1) configuration-file(s)...
> /home/Bei/etc/pqact.conf: syntactically correct
> hupsyslog: couldn't open /var/run/syslogd.pid
> new_log(): Couldn't notify system logging daemon
> start_ldm(): Couldn't rotate log files

OK, two things:

- it appears that you have not correctly setup your system for syslogd logging.
  Please send the /etc/syslog.conf (or /etc/rsyslog.conf) file so we can
  take a look.

- as far as data the Cosmic data not being FILEd, did you configure your LDM
  to process the data after it was received?

  Processing would be setup in ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf through an EXEC action.
  The products from the datafeed you are getting (EXP) need to be sent to
  'pqact', and an appropriate rule or rules need to be setup in
~ldm/etc/pqact.conf.
  Did you do this?

  Please send us your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf and ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf files so we
  can take a look.

Ticket ID: PGJ-802823
Department: Support IDD